How to completely remove Unc0ver jailbreak without restoring
Unjailbreak iOS 11 Tutorial to Delete Uncover and Uninstall Cydia – Once you’ve jailbroken iOS 11 – 12.4, you may want to remove the jailbreak (aka un-jailbreak), all Cydia tweaks, the Unc0ver app, and even Cydia entirely to start from scratch.
For best results remove all the tweaks you installed before following these steps and ensure you are on the latest Unc0ver beta.
- Open Unc0ver and navigate to the settings tab.
- Scroll down and enable ‘Restore RootFS (rec0ver)’ and ‘Refresh Icon Cache’.
- Navigate back to the jailbreak tab and press ‘Jailbreak’ / ‘Re-Jailbreak’.
- Unc0ver will go through the normal jailbreak process and then show a notice saying ‘Will restore RootFS’, press OK.
- Wait for the process to finish. This could take up to 15 minutes depending on your device.
- You will get a notice saying ‘RootFS has been successfully restored’. Press OK and the device will reboot.
- All jailbreaking related files have now be removed. You can now remove the Unc0ver app.
The Cydia icon will most likely remain after completing this process. Don’t worry, Cydia has been entirely removed, the Icon Cache just needs to be refreshed. The only current way to do this is through restoring your device, but Unc0ver will hopefully come out with a fix in a future update.